UzziSoft Forum Index UzziSoft
Provider of free downloads and services - www.uzzisoft.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Signature Script Tutorial

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    UzziSoft Forum Index -> Help Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Random Signature Script Tutorial Reply with quote

Random Signature Script Tutorial

Getting Started
My Account - Randomness
My Account Ė Change Picture Days
My Account Ė Picture Display Style
My Account Ė Change My Password
Statistics
Password Recovery

UzziSoft Administrator

Last edited by alexi02 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Started

1. Firstly you need to have some images which are under 30Kb and are image files (bmp, gif, jpg, png).
I will be using 3 signatures, their filenames are:
image1.gif image2.gif image3.gif

As you can see, each file is only 1 KB (using Windows Explorer to view file sizes).

2. Go to the Random Signature Script Part of the website (www.uzzisoft.com/randomsigscript) and click on Create an Account.

Fill in the details: username, password, retype password and email is an optional field (which is used if you have forgotten your password).

3. Once you have pressed submit it will tell you the URL of your Random signature. Since I signed up using the username tutorial my URL is: http://www.uzzisoft.com/randomsigscript/tutorial.jpeg

4. Click on Login from the menu.

Enter your username and password which you signed up with, then press Login.

5. You will be shown a menu in the left hand side of your screen.

To add pictures to your Random Signature, click on Add More Pictures from the menu. This will allow you to add image files to your Random Signature.

6. You will now see a page which allows you to select the images from your computer and upload them. Click on the browse button and select each image you want to upload.

In this case, Iíve selected image1.gif, image2.gif and image3.gif.

Once selecting all the images you want to upload, click the Upload Pictures button.

7. You will then be shown which image files where uploaded.

In this case, Picture Link File 1 was successfully uploaded, etc.
If you donít see this success message for each image you uploaded, read the error message and try uploading the image again.

8. Now you have your files uploaded, letís go and see if they are there. Click on View Pictures.

It will bring up a page which shows you the filenames of the images you uploaded.
If you donít want a particular image to be in your Random Signature click on Delete Text Link beside the filename or click on the checkbox beside the Delete Text Link and press Update/Delete button. A message will then be shown saying whether the images were deleted or not.

9. Letís go test our Random Signature out. Click on Login Home and you will be shown your Random Signature URL.

Click on the URL and you should be able to see your Random Signature. Refresh it a couple of times to see that it does work. Thatís all there is to it!

Donít forget to click Logout when you want to log out.

UzziSoft Administrator
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Account - Randomness

The randomness option allows you to change whether the images in your Random Signature are either displayed at random (1,3,1,2,2,3) or progressive (1,2,3,1,2,3).

1. Click on My Account from the menu.

2. Select either Randomly or Progressive and then click on the Change Randomness button

3. A message will appear reporting the change.

You can now go to your Random Signature URL and test out the change.

UzziSoft Administrator
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Account Ė Change Picture Days

Change Picture Days allows you to input the number of days to pass until another of your images will be displayed in your Random Signature. For example, I set the days to 3 and the starting image as 1. If I see my Random Signature, the image displayed will be image 1. After 3 days the image will then change to say image 2, etc.

If you previously had this enabled and wish to disable it, set the days as 0.

2. Input the days and the starting image and click on the Change Days button.

UzziSoft Administrator
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Account Ė Picture Display Style

Picture Display Style allows you to change how the images are displayed in the View Pictures page. Below is what the different styles look like.

URL Links

Images

Images with Text

2. Select URL Links, Images or Images with Text and click on the Change Days button.

Only continue if you have selected Images with Text
Images with Text allows you to sync text with each image for your Random Signature.

4. Go to the View Pictures page and you will see that there are text boxes which you can type into. Once you have finished typing text into the text boxes press the Update/Delete button.

5. A message will appear reporting the change.

6. Click on Login Home from the menu.

You will see you have another URL. This one is for the text link and is an image, so use it like your Random Signature.

UzziSoft Administrator
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Account Ė Change My Password

Changing your password is pretty self explanatory but nevertheless, it allows you to change the password for your account.

2. Enter in your current password, the password you would like to change to twice and click on the Change Password button.

3. If done correctly you should be logged out with a message saying your should log in again.

UzziSoft Administrator
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statistics

Statistics allows you to see the number of times your Random Signature was displayed. It displays the a table with all the days of the current month along with the hits you received each day along with the hits this month, year and total (from the start of your account).

1. Click on Statistics from the menu.

2. You will be shown the current months hits. The current day is shown in bold.

You can either select the previous or next month. If no statistics exist for the month selected an error message will be displayed.

UzziSoft Administrator
alexi02
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Password Recovery

Password Recovery allows you to reset your password given that the email address on your account is functional.

1. Click on Login from the menu.

2. In the Login page, click on Forgot Password.

3. Enter your username and email address and then press the Submit button.

4. Once you have submitted the request, it will report to you saying that an email has been sent to your email address.

5. With your email client, open the email received from postmaster@uzzisoft.com. Open the link you see in your email on your internet browser.

6. A message will be displayed saying that a new password for your account has been sent to your email.

7. With your email client again, open the email received from postmaster@uzzisoft.com. You will see your new password for you account and can log in to your account with this password.

UzziSoft Administrator
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    UzziSoft Forum Index -> Help Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: